How perfect it would be to just be able to pluck yours own fresh green onions from the soil where ever and whenever you need them right? Whats better than fresh onions for your soups, salads and dips. But really the question is how can you ensure you have fresh onion on hand at all times? Its pretty simple just follow these steps and grow your own onions vertically.
1. Get yourself a decent sized 1 or 2 litre bottle depending on how large you would like to grow your onions.
2. Start off by removing the neck of the bottle and cut some holes around it. Do this by either using heated metal tool or scissors.
3. Make sure the holes are just the right size for the onions blubs.
4. Start to fill the bottle with holes with some layers of onion sprouts and soil.
5. Add layers of onion sprouts and soil until you read the top of your container.
6. Add some water to it and finally place it in your windowsill.
7. Keep an eye on it daily until you start to see some onions grow.
8. In a short amount of time you will have tonnes of onions to work with.
If you like this you may also like the following: